We know it might sound strange getting poked by thousands of tiny needles, for what? To improve your skin’s appearance and texture. Well, needless to say this is an actual treatment that works wonders to your skin and before you ask, why yes we do offer this service at Skyn Lab. But no need to fear before booking this appointment. Let us break it down so you are able to understand all the benefits and how amazing your skin will look after your treatments, I think you will thank us for this later.
What is Microneedling?
Essentially microneedling is a minimally invasive technique used to diminish the appearance of acne scars, fine line and wrinkles, enlarged pores and skin texture. It is used by a hand-held or pen-shaped device that is electrically powered with tiny needles that penetrate the skin to help repair itself naturally.
Although the process of microneedling may seem frightening at first, your provider will cause controlled micro-injuries to help stimulate the skin’s healing process in producing new collagen. At Skyn Lab, our providers use the first FDA- approved cleared device, SkinPen. SkinPen has been proven to be safe and effective in delivering the best results with little to no down time.
Step By Step Process
- Cleanse – Your provider will start by cleaning your skin and applying numbing cream for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Treatment – After allowing sufficient time for numbing your provider will then start the process using the first FDA cleared device SkinPen. Your provider will move the pen evenly across the skin in gentle strokes.
Please keep in mind after your treatment your skin might become red or a little swollen, this is normal and should subside in the next couple of days following your procedure. Depending on your provider you might need to schedule additional treatments to get the best results.
Benefits of Microneedling
With the popularity of microneedling growing, it can be used for a variety of skin conditions especially because it has very little down time, almost everyone can benefit from it and it is a minimally invasive treatment. Some of the benefits of microneedling include:
- reducing the appearance of scars including acne scars
- reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- reducing enlarged pores and hyperpigmentation or dark spots
- smoothing uneven skin tone, improving skin elasticity
If you’ve been considering microneedling, stop by Skyn Lab today and speak with one of our providers during your complimentary consultation to see if you could benefit from this treatment. Let us help you feel and look your absolute best.