Have you ever been interested in receiving Botox but don’t know where to start or if you’re even a good candidate? Maybe you’re scared out of your mind to be poked by a needle but want those fine lines and wrinkles gone? Well, we’re glad to see you’ve come to the right place. We got you covered but let’s start off with the basics:
What Is Botox?
Botulinum toxin, if we’re using the correct term, is a neurotoxin that is injected into the face with small doses to temporarily relax the muscles underneath the skin and reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles giving it a smoother appearance. Botox can be used for both cosmetic and medical purposes and can last anywhere between three to four months.
What Can Botox Treat?
Besides treating those fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead that most patients want gone Botox can do so many other things:
- Lip Flip: For those patients that are wanting the look of fuller lips but are not ready to fully commit to dermal fillers, a lip flip is a great option. A professional will inject small dosages around the mouth to relax the muscles to cause the upper lip to roll up and outward. Viola!
- Dimpled Chin: Have you ever looked in the mirror and seen your chin full of dimples when you make certain movements? This also can be treated with Botox to create a smoother appearance.
Botox For Medical Reasons
- Migraines: Those excruciating headaches really can take a toll on someone’s day to day life but with as little as two sessions Botox can help alleviate those symptoms and can last anywhere between three to four months. For migraines Botox can be injected anywhere from your temples, forehead, neck or the back of your head.
- Excessive Sweating: During the summer, excessive sweating is expected but when Botox is injected under the armpits it can help by blocking the nerve signals that tell your glands to become active. After injections it can take about three to four days to see results.
- Masseters: This one might seem odd because most people wouldn’t have thought about getting Botox in their jawline but in fact it can help with anyone who suffers from teeth grinding, including clenching their jaw or anyone who suffers from dental problems.
The Bottom Line: Botox is not the scariest thing when it can help with a little bit of everything. Still not convinced? Stop by Skyn Lab and have our amazing nurse answer all your questions.
Written By: Mirella Mendoza